External funding sources
Many external funding opportunities exist for researchers at the University of Ottawa. This section presents the variety of external funding options available.
Here are some of external funding agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Canada Research Chairs
- Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Click here to view other funding opportunities
Pivot (formerly Community of Science):
Pivot is designed for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students; it's intuitive and easily implemented. It was meant to quickly find the right funding opportunities and help researchers to effectively collaborate between them.
Pivot is a tool that:
• Provides access to source of funding opportunities globally
• Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
• Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking
• Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
• Enables you to add internal deadlines to funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches.
In order to develop internal expertise, the University of Ottawa has provided training to its faculty Research Development Officers who will be providing an efficient and specialized support to the researchers.
For any question or comment please contact your Research Development Officer.
For more information on how to use the Pivot system, we invite you to consult the online tutorials for researchers.
Importants Messages :
Overview of Funding Opportunities within the Insight Program - June 2012
What's new at SSHRC - May 2012
- Information session on the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada strategic directions
Reference Guide and Deadlines – NSERC Strategic Project Grants 2012 Competition – Spring 2012
- For a summary of important information related to the Spring 2012 Strategic Project Grants competition, please click here.
Tri-Agency Program Guide for Professors
- The Program Guide for Professors has been revised recently for the programs with fall application deadlines. You can get an overview of these new programs and revisions to the program literature by consulting the Summary of Changes – 2011-2012 Program Guide for Professors which is posted on NSERC’s Web site and is updated as programs are added or revised.
Tri-Council Reference Guide and Deadlines
- For a summary of important information related to NSERC, SSHRC, and CIHR fall 2011 competitions, please click here.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Visit
- Further to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s (NSERC) visit on September 7, 2011, please click here to find a copy of the presentation delivered by NSERC.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Visit
- Further to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada’s (SSHRC) visit on August 30, 2011, please click here to find a copy of the presentation delivered by SSHRC.